Select the range of cells that you want to search. To search the entire worksheet, click any cell. On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Find & Select, and then click Find. In the Find what box, enter the text—or numbers—that you need to find.
Also to know is, how can I search in one column in Excel?
To filter with search:
- Select the Data tab, then click the Filter command. A drop-down arrow will appear in the header cell for each column.
- Click the drop-down arrow for the column you want to filter.
- The Filter menu will appear.
- When you're done, click OK.
- The worksheet will be filtered according to your search term.
How do you search for a name in an Excel spreadsheet?
Go to the index sheet, and press Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box, type a keyword in the Find what box, and click the Find All button. See screenshot: Now all worksheet names containing the keywords are found and listed at the bottom of Find and Replace dialog box.
What is the search function in Excel?
The Microsoft Excel SEARCH function returns the location of a substring in a string. The search is NOT case-sensitive. The SEARCH function is a built-in function in Excel that is categorized as a String/Text Function. It can be used as a worksheet function (WS) in Excel.