Round to the Nearest Tenth: 0.74
- Identify the tenths digit: 7 in 0.74.
- Identify the next smallest place value: the 4 in 0.74.
- Is that digit greater than or equal to five? No, so round down.
- The tenths digit stays the same at 7. Since the remaining digits are after the decimal point you just drop them.
Herein, how do you write in expanded form?
When we write the number 521, what that number really means is that we have the total of 500 + 20 + 1. We've expanded the number to show the value of each of its digits. When we expand a number to show the value of each digit, we're writing that number in expanded form.
How do you write the word form of a decimal?
To read and write decimals, use the following steps:
- Step #1. First, read the digits to the left of the decimal point as a whole number.
- Step #2. Say and for the decimal point.
- Step #3. Read the digits to the right of the decimal point as a whole number.
- Step #4. Say the place name of the last digit.
What is the standard form of a decimal?
Like fractional notation, decimal notation is used to denote a part of a whole. Numbers written in decimal notation are called decimal numbers, or simply decimals. Example 2: (Writing decimals in standard form) Write each decimal in standard form. a) Five and twenty-eight hundredths.