- Identify the tenths digit: 7 in 0.74.
- Identify the next smallest place value: the 4 in 0.74.
- Is that digit greater than or equal to five? No, so round down.
- The tenths digit stays the same at 7. Since the remaining digits are after the decimal point you just drop them.
Herein, how do you write in expanded form?
How do you write the word form of a decimal?
- Step #1. First, read the digits to the left of the decimal point as a whole number.
- Step #2. Say and for the decimal point.
- Step #3. Read the digits to the right of the decimal point as a whole number.
- Step #4. Say the place name of the last digit.
What is the standard form of a decimal?