How do you remove a device from your Apple ID?
Remove your associated devices on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to enter your password.
- Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then tap Remove This Device.
Go to Settings on iCloud.com, then look at the My Devices section. If you don't see the My Devices section, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac. In the list of devices, click the one you want to remove.
- Steps to delete iCloud account on iPhone/iPad
- Tap on the Settings app and then scroll down to find iCloud.
- Tap on "iCloud" to open it.
- Scroll down until you find "Delete Account" and then tap on that.
- Tap on "Delete" again to confirm the deletion of the iCloud account.
- To recover a file, perform these steps inside of the iCloud.com interface:
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page and click Restore Files.
- Locate the file you wish to restore, and place a checkmark beside of the file (repeat for as many files as you wish to recover)
- Click Restore File(s)
- If you use iOS 10.3 or later:
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your device.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Tap Sign Out again to confirm that you want to sign out of iCloud.
Remove an iOS device or Apple Watch you no longer have
- Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
- Click All Devices, then select the device.
- Click Erase [device], then enter your Apple ID password or your family member's Apple ID password.
- When the device is erased, click Remove from Account.
- To unlink a linked contact:
- Select the contact from your list.
- Press Edit in the top-right corner of Contacts.
- Press Linked Contacts.
- Press Remove to unlink an entry from the linked contact.
- Press Close if you do not want to unlink any more contacts.
- Finally, press Done to finish editing.
- If your missing device is off or offline, you can still put it in Lost Mode, lock it, or remotely erase it. The next time your device is online, these actions will take effect. If you remove the device from your account while it's offline, any pending actions for the device are canceled.
- Here is how to unmerge contacts on an iPhone 6 –
- Open the Contacts app.
- Select the merged contact.
- Tap the Edit button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap the red circle to the left of the contact that you want to unmerge.
- Tap the Unlink button.
To access your devices list, launch the Settings app on your iOS device. Next, tap on iCloud, followed by your iCloud account (pictured atop this post). Enter your account password when prompted. After your account info is verified, tap on Devices.
- U will go into the phone, into the itunes app under settings, there tap on itunes & apps store. When it opens tap on your Apple ID and another window will open. Sign out of itunes. Then got to icloud in settings & open, go to bottom of page & delete, when it ask choice click delete from my iphone.
- You can view photos, contacts, notes, reminders, etc. on iCloud.com, but text messages/iMessages are not typically viewable on iCloud.com. Surely it's on cloud and on Apple's server. But you can't view the messages online. So even if someone has your Apple ID, they can't see your text messages.
- How to view your iCloud account information on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap your Apple ID banner.
- Scroll down and tap a device to view or remove it from your iCloud account.
- Tap Remove from Account.
- Scroll back up and tap Name, Phone Numbers, and Email.
- Tap Password & Security.
- Tap Payment & Shipping.
Updated: 5th October 2018