- Position the resistor with the gold or silver color band to the right..
- Read the color sequence that must be decoded to determine resistance.
- Determine the coded number for the resistive value.
- Determine the tolerance of the resistor.
- Determine the decoded number for the resistive value.
Similarly, you may ask, which direction does a resistor go?
How do you check a resistor with a multimeter?
- Remove power from the circuit containing the resistor.
- Isolate the resistor from the circuit.
- Inspect the resistor.
- Read the resistor value visually.
- Prepare a digital multimeter (DMM) to measure the resistor.
- Measure the resistance.
- Determine the actual resistance of the resistor.
Do resistors have a positive and negative side?