- Start at the store. When you pick out your green beans, don't toss them into the bag in a jumble.
- Trim a handful at a time. Grab a small handful and lightly tap the stems on a cutting board until they're all lined up.
- Wash the beans after you trim.
So, how do you cook fresh green beans?
- Place green beans into a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans start to soften, about 5 minutes. Drain water.
- Cook and stir garlic with green beans until garlic is tender and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with lemon pepper and salt.
How do you trim and snap green beans?
How long do you cook fresh green beans?
- 10 to 15 minutes for whole or cut green beans.
- 5 to 10 minutes for French-cut green beans.