- Slice apples into small pieces and squeeze a lemon over top and stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar, flour, maple syrup and cinnamon over top of apples. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Heat apples on the stove over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until soft. Stir occasionally. You want the apples to be soft.
Then, how do you make an apple pie?
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in white sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and water.
- Unroll pie crusts, press one into a 9-inch pie dish, and place the apples into the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Do you cook apples before putting them in a pie?
How do I make apple pie filling to freeze?
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and set aside.
- Pour water into a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add apples and return to a boil.
- Ladle into 4 freezer containers or gallon freezer bags, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Seal and freeze.
- You can also make pies right away.