- Wash hot peppers; drain.
- Pack peppers into hot, sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- If desired, place 1 head fresh dill or 1 1/2 tsp.
- In saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic, and dried pepper.
- Pour hot pickling liquid over peppers, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Adjust lids.
Considering this, how do I pickle chillies?
- To a large pot, add vinegar, sugar, salt, basil and bay leaves. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Add chili peppers and onions, then remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Pour into a sealable quart container. Pour oil on top and seal.
How long do you have to wait to eat pickled peppers?
How do you pickle bell peppers?
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add red bell peppers to the boiling water mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until peppers are softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer red bell peppers and liquid to jars, cover with lids, and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.