How do you permanently delete photos from iphoto?
Select photos in an album, press option + command + delete . Easy. When you open up your album, do a right mouse click on the image and the Trash icon appears. Just click that and the actual image is removed from the album but placed in the Trash as well.
To delete photos from the Photos app in OS X, do the following: -Open the Photos application and select the photo(s) you wish to delete in the All Photos section. -Press command+delete on your keyboard to delete the photos. -Next, in the menu bar at the top of your screen, click File > Show Recently Deleted.
- The Option key is a modifier key (ALT) present on Apple keyboards. It is located between the Control key and Command key on a typical Mac keyboard. There are two option keys on modern Mac desktop and notebook keyboards, one on each side of the space bar.
- To delete photos from the Photos app in OS X, do the following: -Open the Photos application and select the photo(s) you wish to delete in the All Photos section. -Press command+delete on your keyboard to delete the photos. -Next, in the menu bar at the top of your screen, click File > Show Recently Deleted.
- Open the library in iPhoto (photos cannot be deleted from within iPhoto Library Manager). Select the album you want to delete. Click in the main photo view on the right and then press command-A to select all the photos in the album. Press command-option-delete to remove the photos from both the album and the library.
Go to File > Show Recently Deleted. You will see all of your deleted photos, with the number of days remaining before each is permanently deleted. It's similar to the Recently Deleted album in the Photos app for iOS, but the Mac app features no such album on the Albums view.
- To rebuild the iPhoto library:
- Quit iPhoto if it is open.
- Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
- Open iPhoto.
- Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
- A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.
- Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process.
- After checking Recently Deleted albums, iTunes backup or iCloud backup, you still fail to recover deleted photos from iPhone, or you haven't made any backup before getting iPhone photos lost, you still have the last chance to get them back – using some iPhone data recovery tool like PhoneRescue for iOS, which allows
- There is no way to remove or delete the Recently Deleted album. There is also no option to turn off this iOS 8 feature and delete photos immediately. Pictures in the Recently Deleted album can be removed manually.
Updated: 11th December 2019