- Select any cell within the range you want to sort.
- On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click Sort.
- In the Sort dialog box, click Options.
- In the Sort Options dialog box, under Orientation, click Sort left to right, and then click OK.
How do I sort by number in Excel?
- Select the cell range you want to sort.
- Select the Data tab on the Ribbon, then click the Sort command.
- The Sort dialog box will appear.
- Decide the sorting order (either ascending or descending).
- Once you're satisfied with your selection, click OK.
- The cell range will be sorted by the selected column.
How do I sort in Excel with multiple columns?
- Select all the cells in the list. This is the safest approach to sorting.
- On the Excel Ribbon, click the Data tab.
- In the Sort & Filter group, click the Sort button.
- Click the Add Level button, to add the first sorting level.
- From the Sort by dropdown, select the first column you want to sort.