- 2 cups flour.
- 3/4 cup salt.
- 4 teaspoons cream of tarter.
- 2 cups lukewarm water.
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil (coconut oil works too)
- Food coloring, optional.
- Quart sized bags.
In respect to this, how do you make homemade clay?
- Find a large bowl and add the salt and flour. You will need 4 cups (560 grams) of flour and 1 ½ cups (420 grams) of salt.
- Consider making some colored clay.
- Pour the water into the salt and flour, and mix.
- Add some cooking oil.
- Knead the dough.
- Play with the clay.
- Store the dough properly.
How do you make clay that hardens?
- Mix the salt and flour in a bowl.
- Add water gradually to form a ball.
- Knead (pound, roll and pull) until it no longer falls apart.
- Do your project and allow it to dry at room temperature for approximately 2 day (more for larger or thinker projects).
- Store any unused clay in a sealed bag in the fridge.
How do you make baking clay?
- Mix together the flour and salt.
- Add the oil, and then slowly add the water until you reach a nice clay consistency that you like.
- Mold into whatever shapes that you want.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Bake creations in the oven for 1 hour.
- Let cool before painting with water based acrylics!