Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (250 degrees C). Place potatoes in a large roasting pan and toss with oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary until evenly coated. Spread out potatoes in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Furthermore, how do you make the best roast potatoes?
Tip into a saucepan, cover with cold water, then bring to the boil. Set the timer and boil for exactly 2 mins. Drain the potatoes well, then toss in the colander to fluff up their surfaces, sprinkling over the flour as you go. Place a large, sturdy roasting tray over a fairly high heat, then tip in the fat and oil.
Why do you Soak potatoes in water before cooking?
Frying fresh-cut potatoes. Soaking peeled, washed and cut fries in cold water overnight removes excess potato starch, which prevents fries from sticking together and helps achieve maximum crispness.
How do you make crispy fried potatoes?
- Peel and slice (or cube) potatoes.
- Let soak for 5-10 minutes in salted ice water.
- Drain well and pat dry - make sure they are VERY dry!
- Heat 1/4 cup peanut oil in a skillet on high heat until it's shimmering and almost smoking.
- Add potatoes and let fry for about 2 minutes.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium.