- Place the icing sugar in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk and the vanilla essence.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add more milk one teaspoonful at a time until the desired consistency is reached – this icing can be made thin enough to drizzle over a cake, or thicker if you want to apply it with a knife or spatula.
In this way, how do you make icing without powdered sugar?
- Whisk milk into flour in small saucepan until smooth. Heat and stir until it boils and thickens. Cool thoroughly.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl until light and fluffy. Add thickened milk. Beat until mixture resembles whipped cream. Makes enough to fill and frost 2 layer cake, about 3 1/2 cups.
Can you make icing with just icing sugar and water?
How do you make icing with caster sugar?