- Combine 1 chopped head of celery, 1 chopped large waxy potato, 1 chopped medium onion, and 1 stick unsalted butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; season with salt.
- Cook, stirring, until onion is tender, 8–10 minutes.
- Add 3 cups low sodium chicken broth; simmer until potatoes are tender, 8–10 minutes.
Likewise, what herbs go well with celery?
- 1 bunch celery, to yield at least 4 1/2 cups sliced.
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion.
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf thyme, crushed.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt.
How do you make cream of celery soup?
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter, add celery, onions, and garlic.
- Cook over medium low heat until soft.
- Add flour and cook 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaf, bring to a boil reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, puree (in small batches) in a blender or processor.
What are the ingredients in Campbell's cream of celery soup?