How do you make a fraction on Google Docs?
Insert an equation
- Open a document in Google Docs.
- Click where you want to put the equation.
- Click Insert Equation.
- Select the symbols you want to add from one of these menus: Greek letters. Miscellaneous operations. Relations. Math operators. Arrows.
- Add numbers or substitute variables in the box.
Some fractions (1/4, 1/2, and 3/4) automatically switch to a fraction character when you type them (¼, ½, ¾). But others do not (1/3, 2/3, 1/5, etc.). To switch to a fraction character, click Insert > Symbols > More Symbols. In the Subset drop-down list, click Number Forms and select a fraction.
- One method of converting a fraction into a decimal is dividing the fraction's numerator (the top number) by its denominator (the bottom number). If you want to convert 3/8 into a decimal, divide 3 by 8.1. Because 8 can't go into 3, you have to add a zero to 3, making it 30.
- Method 3 Typing the Pi Symbol On a Laptop
- Press the Num ⇩ key. Many laptops have a "hidden" keypad that is enabled when you turn on the Num ⇩ key.
- Hold down the Alt key. You can find it on either side of your Spacebar .
- Type in 2 2 7 using the Alt Codes. This is the Alt Code for π.
- Release the Alt key.
- Turn off Num ⇩ .
- From Keyboard
Unicode hex code Symbol Compose key sequence 03C0 π pi
The process is also faster than using the “Font” tab to convert your numbers.
- Launch PowerPoint. Open a presentation where you need to add fractions.
- Choose a fraction, such as 5/15.
- Scroll down, and click “Insert New Equation.”
- Click the numerator box, and type your number.
- About the Author.
- Place the cursor in a text box inside any PowerPoint slide where you want the fraction to appear. Click the "Insert" tab, the "Symbols" button and then select "Equation." The words "Type Equation Here" appear at the cursor.
- Use the YouTube captions editor
- Go to your Video Manager.
- Next to the video you want to edit captions for, click Edit > Subtitles and CC.
- Click on the caption track you want to edit.
- Select a specific line in the caption track panel: On your keyboard, press the up or down arrow to adjust timing.
- Click Save changes.
- However, you can change your YouTube location settings in the YouTube app.
- Go to Menu .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Location.
- Select the Country.
Rotate your iPhone into landscape mode and notice there are additional functions available on the left side of the screen. Enter a number you wish to make into a fraction, which will be the denominator and press the 1/x button. The resulting value in the calculator screen is the value of the calculation.
- Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013:
- Place the cursor on the document where you would like to insert a fraction.
- Select "Insert" from the menu.
- Click on Equation in the upper right.
- Select fraction under the Equation Tools option.
- Choose which style fraction you want.
- Insert the numbers into the fraction boxes.
- In general, for some number of hours, plus some fraction of an hour, you'd use the number, plus the fraction, plus "hours", plural. "Four and a half hours.", "Three and three-quarters hours," etc. However, for the specific case of 1.5 hours, the usual expression is "an hour and a half".
- Enable subscript.
- Click the x2 button in the Font group on the Home tab.
- Click the Format menu and select Font. Check the "Subscript" box.
- Press Ctrl + equals.
Updated: 2nd October 2019