How do you make a copy of a Google Drive?
Make a copy of a file
- On your computer, open a Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms home screen.
- Open the file you want to make a copy of.
- In the menu, click File Make a copy.
- Type a name and choose where to save it.
- Click Ok.
In Windows Explorer, select the file, folder, or groups of files and folders you'd like to copy. You can select multiple files or folders in several ways: Click the first file or folder you want to select, hold down the Ctrl key, and then click each additional file or folder you want.
- There are many ways to copy a file in Windows. The simplest way is by using the Copy command which can be accessed by right-clicking on a file and selecting the command from the context menu. You can then left click somewhere else in the window so that the file is no longer selected, right click, and select Paste.
- To do this, open a command prompt from the keyboard by typing Win+R, or click on Start Run then type cmd in the run box and click OK. Navigate to the folder you want displayed in Windows Explorer by using the Change Directory command "cd" (with out the quotes).
- Alternatively referred to as the beanie key, cloverleaf key, cmd key, open apple key or just command, the command key is a key created by Susan Kare that is found on all Apple keyboards. The picture is an example of what this key looks like on the Apple keyboard next to the control and option keys.
Add files to "My Drive"
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the left, click Shared with me.
- Click the files or folders you want to add to your drive.
- In the top right, click Add to My Drive .
- Click Organize.
- Choose the folder you want to add to.
- Click Move or Move here.
- All of the files, folders and Google Docs that have been shared with you. To sync files in this view, move them to My Drive. The Shared with me filter doesn't include files shared to a mailing list or files set to 'Anyone with the link' or 'Public' (unless the file has been shared directly to your email address).
- The files and folders in your Google Drive are private by default until you decide to share them. You can share your documents with specific people or you can make them public and anyone on the Internet can view the shared files.
- Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. Launched on April 24, 2012, Google Drive allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files. Files uploaded can be up to 5 terabytes in size.
Updated: 16th October 2019