How do you make a basic omelette?
Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk. Add some salt and pepper, if you like, but do not add any water, milk, or any other liquids. Heat the oil or butter in a 9-inch non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs. In the first 30-seconds of cooking, use a spatula to create 6-10 small cuts through the omelette.
Place 2 eggs, 1 tbs water, salt and pepper in a bowl. Water gives the omelette a fluffy texture. Use a fork to lightly whisk until well combined. Melt 10g butter in a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Beat egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Mix in Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, nutmeg, and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, green onion, and bell pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
- How to Make Sunny-Side-Up Eggs: Instructions
- Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Use 1 to 2 teaspoons of butter per egg.
- Break eggs, 1 at a time, into skillet, leaving spaces between eggs.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 4 to 5 min. or until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk. Add some salt and pepper, if you like, but do not add any water, milk, or any other liquids. Heat the oil or butter in a 9-inch non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs. In the first 30-seconds of cooking, use a spatula to create 6-10 small cuts through the omelette.
Tap or click steps to mark as complete
- Whisk eggs and milk in small bowl until blended. Stir in ham, onions and pepper.
- Pour into 8-inch nonstick skillet; cover. Cook on medium heat 6 min. or until egg mixture is set but top is still moist.
- Sprinkle cheese onto half the omelet; fold in half.
- Beat eggs, add mushrooms and ham.
- Heat frying pan, and coat with cooking spray or oil.
- Add egg mixture to hot pan and cook until almost set. Flip over and when egg is set, top with cheese.
- Serve with hashbrowns, toast, or rice.
- Sometimes I even add chopped green onion, or any color pepper we have on hand.
- Butter the bread and arrange the cheese and ham over half of the slices, buttered side down. Sprinkle over the chives and cover with the remaining slices, buttered side up. Preheat a frying pan and cook the sandwiches for 2 mins on each side, until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Ham is pork from a leg cut that has been preserved by wet or dry curing, with or without smoking. As a processed meat, the term "ham" includes both whole cuts of meat and ones that have been mechanically formed.
10 Mouth Watering Omelet Recipes
- You can put just about anything into an omelet.
- Tomato, onion, and sweet peppers.
- Rice, gomasio, black beans, onion, and tomato.
- Bacon, onion, garlic, herb, and holindaise sauce.
- Chicken, hollandaise sauce, and capers.
- Kimchi with a dollup of fresh yogurt or cream cheese.
- 8-inch vs. 10-inch skillet: An 8-inch skillet is perfect for making a fluffy, satisfying 2-egg omelette. If your pan is bigger, your omelet will be thinner. Alternatively, add an extra egg or two and split your omelet with a friend!
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites, water, and a pinch salt and pepper until frothy. Lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet or omelet pan with cooking spray and heat the skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the egg whites, swirling to evenly cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until set, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Method 1 Using a Spatula
- When you know the omelet is ready to be flipped, grab your spatula and plate.
- Take your spatula and insert under your omelet.
- Take the omelet and flip the side of the omelet.
- Slide onto the plate.
Updated: 18th November 2019