- Walk and exercise regularly. Exercise is one of the best things you can do to lower high blood pressure.
- Reduce your sodium intake. Salt intake is high around the world.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Eat more potassium-rich foods.
- Cut back on caffeine.
- Learn to manage stress.
- Eat dark chocolate or cocoa.
- Lose weight.
Regarding this, what factors affect diastolic blood pressure?
How do you get your diastolic blood pressure down?
- Know Your Numbers. Aim for a total blood pressure less than 120/80 mm Hg.
- Choose Plant-Based Foods. Vegetarian diets lower blood pressure by 7/5 mm Hg.
- Reduce Salt Intake.
- Power Up with Potassium.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight.
- Limit Alcohol Intake.
- Avoid Tobacco.