Follow these steps to check that the iPhone is unlocked:
- Make a phone call using the current SIM card.
- Power off the iPhone.
- Use the SIM-card ejector tool (or a paper clip) to eject the SIM card from the iPhone.
- Insert your new SIM card.
- Press the Sleep/Wake button to wake up the iPhone.
- Make a phone call.
What does it mean to have your iPhone locked when backing up?
Backups to the iCloud servers will then occur daily when your mobile device is plugged in, locked, and connected to the Internet through a Wi-Fi (wireless) network. Plugged in and locked means that the device is plugged in to a charger and its screen is dark (asleep).
If you buy an iPhone from AT&T, it will be "locked" to AT&T's network. That means if you try to put in a T-Mobile SIM, it won't work. Same with an international SIM if you're traveling. Just because you're locked, though, doesn't mean you can't unlock.
How i can find IMEI?
- In settings. Go to Settings > General > About and look for your device's IMEI.
- Dial *#06# to get IMEI. Before trying anything else, you can try simply dialing *#06# on your iPhone (or any mobile phone), this should retrieve the IMEI number.
- On back side of iPhone.
- On SIM card tray.
Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
- While your device is connected, force restart it:
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Apple explains that "if you have Find My iPhone enabled, you can use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device." Likewise, "if you have been using iCloud to backup, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased."
Soft reset with hardware keys
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
- Hold them both until you see the screen go black.
- Wait until the white Apple logo appears.
A hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed.
- Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
- You'll be back in your home screen.
To reset a device to default settings,turn the iPhone completely off. Next, open up iTunes on your computer and connect the USB cord to the computer but hold off on connecting the phone. Then press and hold the home button on your iPhone while simultaneously connecting the USB adapter to the phone.
When using iTunes to reset your iPhone, you just need to connect your iPhone to your PC unit using your original cable then restore your device. Luckily, for those with iOS 8, it is easy for them to reset iPhone without iTunes. You can restore your iPhone to its factory settings and set it up, all without a computer.
To reset your iPhone or iPad go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. After typing in your passcode if you've set one, you'll get a warning box appear, with the option to Erase iPhone (or iPad) in red. Tap this.
Press and hold the Home button, and while holding the Home button in, hurry up and connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cord. Continuing holding the Home button until the "Connect to iTunes" screen pops up. iTunes will give you the recovery mode alert. Click "OK" and restore the device.
To get started, follow these directions from Apple Support:
- Log into Apple's iCloud with your Apple ID at icloud.com/#find.
- Click on Find My iPhone.
- In the next window, click on All Devices, then choose the device you'd like to erase.
- Once you arrive at the device's info window, click on Erase iPhone.
How to erase all data from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase iPhone.
- Tap on Erase iPhone again to confirm.
- Enter your Passcode.
Follow these steps:
- If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
- Back up your device.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it.
Removing the borrower's Apple ID from the App Store and returning to your own instead is easy:
- Open App Store.
- Tap Featured.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap the Apple ID at the bottom left and tap Sign Out.
- Tap Sign In.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password and tap OK.
Remove your associated devices on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to enter your password.
- Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then tap Remove This Device.
Steps to delete iCloud account on iPhone/iPad
- Tap on the Settings app and then scroll down to find iCloud.
- Tap on "iCloud" to open it.
- Scroll down until you find "Delete Account" and then tap on that.
- Tap on "Delete" again to confirm the deletion of the iCloud account.
First you'll need to remove the existing iCloud account that is in use on the iOS device:
- Open the Settings app and go to “iCloud”
- Scroll down under all the settings to find “Delete Account” (or “Sign Out”) and tap on that.
- Confirm the removal of the iCloud account from the device by tapping on “Delete” or “Sign Out”
How to delete iCloud backups on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your Apple ID right at the top.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap Manage Storage under iCloud.
- Tap Backup.
- Tap the device whose backup you want to delete.
- Tap Delete Backup at the bottom.
- Tap Turn Off & Delete.