To do this, what you will need to do is insert a Section Break in between where you want the roman numerals (i, ii, iii, iv) to end and the Arabic numbers to begin (1, 2, 3, 4). To get a section break, follow these steps: 1. Click Page Layout on the home ribbon.
Likewise, how do I insert Roman numerals in Microsoft Word 2010?
Format Page Number in Word 2010 and 2007.
- Click between two parts of your document that you want to number differently.
- on the Page Layout Tab, Click Breaks.
- Click Next Page, Even Page, or Odd Page, and then click OK.
- Click in the first section of your document.
- On the Insert Tab Click Header and then Click Edit Header.
How do you write 8 in Roman numerals?
The number of characters in the Roman numerals for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, (i.e., I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, ) are 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, (OEIS A006968).
How can I start numbering on page 3?
To start page numbering later in your document, first divide the document into sections, unlink the sections, and then insert page numbers.
- Click in the document where you want to insert a section break.
- Click Layout > Breaks > Next Page.
- Double-click in the header or footer area where you want to display page numbers.