- Select the paragraphs that you want to indent.
- On the Format menu, click Paragraph, and then click the Indents and Spacing tab.
- Under Indentation, do any of the following:
Regarding this, what is the keyboard shortcut to create a hanging indent?
Where is the hanging indent in Word 2016?
- Select the paragraph where you want to add a hanging indent.
- Click View and then select the Ruler check box to show rulers.
- Drag the hanging indent marker (shown below) to the right. It's the lower triangle on the ruler.