- Look at the color. A brown recluse has a dirt or sandy brown body with a slightly darker marking at its center; they can also be dark brown and even slightly yellow.
- Examine the violin shape on the spider's body.
- Count the eyes.
- Look for fine hairs.
- Check the body width.
Consequently, what are the symptoms of a brown recluse spider bite?
- Pain or redness at the site of the bite.
- A deep sore (ulcer) that forms where you were bitten, with the skin at the center turning purple.
- Joint pain.
- Feeling weak.
- Seizures or coma (very rare)
How long does it take for a brown recluse spider bite to show up?