How do you hide the taskbar?
Method 1 Windows 10
- Right-click on the taskbar and select "Settings."
- Toggle "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" on.
- Toggle "Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode" on.
- Open the taskbar by moving your mouse to the bottom of the screen.
- Change the location of the taskbar.
To do this, right-click on the taskbar and unlock the taskbar. Again right-click and select Taskbar Properties. Under Taskbar tab, check the Auto-hide the taskbar setting. Click Apply > OK.
- Hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the task manager. On the "Processes" tab, scroll down to "Windows Explorer" and highlight it. Click the "Restart" button in the bottom right corner of the task manager. That should do the trick.
- You can keep the taskbar in one place by locking it, which can prevent accidental moving or resizing. If you unlock it, you can drag the taskbar to resize or move it to the bottom, left or right side, or top of your display(s).
- Restart Windows Explorer. Now, to start Windows explorer again, you will have to use Task manager too. Task manager should be already open (Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc again if you can't see it), just click on “File” at the top of the window. From the menu, click on “New Task (Run)” and type “explorer” in the next window.
Updated: 3rd December 2019