How do you heat a panini?
Pan on the stove, with a lid for a press. - Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and cook your sandwich for a couple minutes on each side, pressing it down to make full contact with the hot pan using a big lid. (Pictured: South African Cheese, Grilled Onion & Tomato Panini (Braaibroodjie).
Part 1 Making your Panini
- Choose your bread. A panini can be made with Italian bread, ciabatta, focaccia, sourdough, or any kind of bread you like.
- Spread olive oil on the inside of your bread.
- Add your cheese.
- Add your filling.
- Add some extra flavor.
- Close your sandwich and butter the outsides of the bread.
- In a panini press: Preheat the press. Add your sandwich and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. On the stove: Preheat a skillet with butter or oil to medium low. Add your sandwich, then press a heavy pan on top to weigh it down.
- That depends on what you need the heat to do for your sandwich. With thinner panini like simple grilled cheese, where all you need to do is melt the cheese and grill the bread, a medium-high temperature (about 375 degrees) works great – 3 minutes and it's perfect.
- Ciabatta (Italian pronunciation: [t?aˈbatta], literally "slipper") is an Italian white bread made from wheat flour, water, salt, and yeast, created in 1982 by a baker in Verona, Veneto, Italy, in response to the popularity of French baguettes.
Follow the exact same cooking process with a griddle. Or, you can use a toaster oven—also good for those obsessed with grill marks! Preheat the oven to medium-high heat (375F), and bake until cheese is melted and panini is toasted (about 5-6 minutes).
- Pan on the stove, with a lid for a press. - Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and cook your sandwich for a couple minutes on each side, pressing it down to make full contact with the hot pan using a big lid. (Pictured: South African Cheese, Grilled Onion & Tomato Panini (Braaibroodjie).
- Top with another slice of bread. Brush the outside of the sandwich with olive oil or melted butter. Cook on the heated grill pan or griddle, cheese side down and topped with a Panini press until crisp and golden. If you are not using a Panini press, turn the sandwich after one side is cooked.
- Panini bread can provide a sweet and pleasant taste to your lunchtime sandwich. However, it has a high calorie count and can hinder your attempt to eat healthy. The carbohydrates and calories in panini bread can spike blood sugar and make it difficult to lose weight.
In Italian, "panini" means small bread and refers to a pressed sandwich. Using a grill skillet gives the sandwich appetizing grill marks, but the recipe works just as well in a regular nonstick skillet. If you don't have provolone cheese, you can use mozzarella.
- How many calories in Panini Bread Roll
Nutrition Facts Cholesterol help 0mg 0% Sodium 198mg 8% Total Carbs. help 45g 15% Dietary Fiber help 2g 8%
- Chicken Panini With Fresh Mozzarella & Roasted Red Pepper - Chicken Panini
Calories 355 Sodium Total Fat 20 g Potassium Saturated 8 g Total Carbs Polyunsaturated 3 g Dietary Fiber Monounsaturated 7 g Sugars
- There are 483 calories in 1 serving of Italian Panini. Calorie breakdown: 55% fat, 20% carbs, 25% protein.
Updated: 4th December 2019