Turn on Private Browsing on the Mac
- Hold down Command+Shift+N.
- Search or browse the web as you normally would.
- Close the window when you're done with private browsing.
- Tap the Pages button, which is shaped as two squares in Safari's menu.
- Tap Private.
- Tap the Search field to search for a site to visit.
Correspondingly, how do you turn on private browsing?
Turn off Private Browsing. On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open Safari, then tap . Tap Private, then tap Done. While Private Browsing is on, Safari appears black or dark instead of white or gray.
How do you go private on Google Chrome?
To open an incognito window, start Chrome and click the wrench icon in the top right corner of the screen. Click New Incognito Window and start browsing. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+ Shift + N to bring up a new incognito window without entering the Chrome settings menu.