How do you get to darkshore from darnassus?
You take the portal (in Darnassus) and it takes you to Ruth'eran Village. From there you wait for the boat on the dock. There's also a flight path from Rut'theran Village to Auberdine, for the record. If I recall, for your first visit, you need to actually take the boat, then get the flight point.
Rut'theran Village. Rut'theran Village is an outpost port for the night elf city of Darnassus, located at the very bottom of the great tree Teldrassil. There is a portal here that goes directly into Darnassus, as well as three docks with regular boats going to the Exodar and Stormwind City.
- It'll take you to Stormwind City in the Eastern Kingdoms. The easiest way to get to the Eastern Kingdoms from Moonglade (assuming you're asking about the character you're posting on) is to go to Darnassus, then take the boat from Rutheran Village to Stormwind City.
- During your initial Legion quests, you can find a mage holding open a portal to the city in Stormwind Harbor. He's right up the stairs that lead away from the docks, next to the giant lion statue. Later on, you'll find the portal in Stormwind Keep, in a room to the left, just past the entrance.
- Ummm, I would recommend going to the Exodar first. It's the Draenei home "city" on Azuremyst Isle with an AH, bank, trainers, etc. There is a boat just outside of the Exodar that will take you to Auberdine and onward. No need to swim, and no need to go all the way to Stormwind at this point.
You can take a boat from the northern dock of Auberdine to Rut'theran Village. From Stormwind, go to Stormwind Harbor, then take a boat (on left) to Darnassus. Find flight master and fly to Darkshore. From Theramore Isle, swim north along the coast, then go west (safer than going through Dustwallow Marsh).
- Portals from:
- Shattrath City, center by A'dal.
- Mount Hyjal, Nordrassil.
- Deepholm, left alcove of the Temple of Earth.
- Darkmoon Island, at the dock.
- Dalaran, The Silver Enclave.
- Tol Barad, by daily quest hub.
- Tol Barad--downstairs in Baradin Hold, after winning.
- Stair of Destiny (by the Dark Portal), Hellfire Peninsula.
- To travel from Kalimdor to the Eastern Kingdoms, or vice versa, you'll need to take a zeppelin. The zeppelins travel a triangular route between Orgrimmar, the Undercity, and Grom'gol Outpost in Stranglethorn Vale.
- To get to the Hinterlands, start at the Wetlands and cross Thandol's Span in the Arathi Highlands. Follow the road west and pass through Thoridan's Wall in the Hillsbrad Foothills. Durnholde Keep will be on the right hand side of the road. North of the keep is a path through the hills into the Hinterlands.
Ummm, I would recommend going to the Exodar first. It's the Draenei home "city" on Azuremyst Isle with an AH, bank, trainers, etc. There is a boat just outside of the Exodar that will take you to Auberdine and onward. No need to swim, and no need to go all the way to Stormwind at this point.
- The dock in Rut'theran connects to Darnassus via a portal, Lor'danel in Darkshore by flight path and Stormwind City and Azuremyst Isle by sea. Members of the Horde who want to visit Bloodmyst Isle must first hijack a boat from the Alliance-aligned Rut'theran, sail to Azuremyst Isle, then head north to Bloodmyst Isle.
- , which contains the bank of Darnassus. It is located on the central island of the Temple Gardens. , west of the bank. The portal from Rut'theran Village is also usable by Horde characters, allowing Horde raids on the city.
- Behind the bank in Darnassus is a pink pavilion that's a portal to the base of Teldrassil, a place call Rut'theran Village. There are three docks there. The one to the west has a ferry to Azuremyst Isle, the Draenei starting zone and the Exodar. The southern dock has a boat to Stormwind harbor.
Updated: 2nd October 2019