- Stop removing the hair in that area. Stop waxing, shaving, or plucking the hair in that area until the ingrown hair goes away.
- Apply warm compresses. Place warm compresses on the area.
- Gently pull out the hair.
- Remove dead skin.
- Use creams to reduce inflammation.
- Use retinoids.
Why do you get red bumps after shaving your pubes?
How do I prevent red bumps after shaving my pubic hair?
- Throw out any dull razors.
- Shave every other day, at the most.
- Exfoliate gently.
- Don't press down on the razor as you're shaving.
- Try not to go over the same area twice.
- Shave in the shower.
- Use shaving cream (or a substitute).
- Rinse off with cold water.