- Warm lemon water with honey can help loosen congestion. Mix the juice of ½ a lemon with one cup warm water.
- Warm apple juice may soothe a sore throat.
- Women should drink at least nine cups (2.2 liters) of fluids per day when they're well.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated beverages.
People also ask, what is the best most effective cold medicine?
What is the best cold medicine on the market?
- Cough suppressants , like dextromethorphan, can provide relief for a short time. They work on the part of your brain that controls the process.
- Expectorants, like guaifenesin, can break up congestion in your chest by thinning the mucus in your airways.
What is the best medicine for cold symptoms?
- Advil. Best for Fever, Aches, and Sore Throat.
- Tylenol. Runner-Up for Fever, Aches, and Sore Throat.
- Sudafed. Best for Congestion.
- Benadryl Allergy Plus Congestion. Best for Runny Noses and Sneezing.
- Allegra 12HR. Runner-Up for Runny Noses and Sneezing.
- Mucinex DM. Best for Cough.