Breaking a Lease With Minimal or No Damage
- Check for Breach of Contract. As part of the lease, landlords agree to maintain the property and provide a safe, healthy environment.
- Look for an Early Termination Clause.
- Beg for Mercy.
- Pay Off the Lease Balance Over Time.
- Forfeit Your Security Deposit.
- Find a Short-Term Renter.
Keeping this in consideration, how long do you have to live in an apartment?
It can be from one to many pages, but in general, a lease defines exactly how long you'll be renting the apartment (six months, one year, two years and so on) and exactly how much money you'll pay in rent each month (and on what day).
How long does it take to get into a rental house?
Depending on the specifics of your property and its location, property management companies can generally rent a house within 30-60 days. For DIY landlords, it's not unusual for it to take up to twice that long to fill a vacant rental house.