How do you get black mold out of clothes?
Let your clothes soak in a solution of one cup of white vinegar in a bucket of water for about an hour. After soaking, wash the clothes with laundry detergent in your washing machine to wash away the mold and vinegar.
Combine lemon juice and salt to make a thick paste and rub it into mildewed-infested areas on clothing. Quickly dry affected garments in direct sunlight, then, if the stain is still there, do it all again. Repeat the process until the mildew is gone. Water and vinegar is another simple way to rid clothing of mildew.
- Use a sponge to apply thick soap thuds onto the mold and use a damp cloth to wipe it away. Avoid getting leather overly wet or you might damage it. Test whether you have stained leather by dropping a tiny amount of water on to it. If the water darkens or stains the area, do not proceed with soap or water.
- Juice: Dried red berry juice may be removed from bleach-safe garments by soaking it in a solution of 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water. Then wash as usual. Mildew: A mixture of salt, vinegar, and water should remove mildew stains on most fabrics. Use up to full-strength vinegar if mildew is extensive.
- Method 1 Washing Towels, Clothing, and Linens
- Dissolve 2 cups (408 grams) of borax in 2 quarts (2 liters) of warm or hot water.
- Add your mildew-stained fabric into the solution and let it soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Gently brush your normal detergent into the fabric.
- Wash on the highest setting allowed for your fabric.
Updated: 21st November 2019