The simplest (and most commonly used) area calculations are for squares and rectangles. To find the area of a rectangle multiply its height by its width. For a square you only need to find the length of one of the sides (as each side is the same length) and then multiply this by itself to find the area.
Considering this, what is the formula of finding the area of a rectangle?
Area is measured in square units such as square inches, square feet or square meters. To find the area of a rectangle, multiply the length by the width. The formula is: A = L * W where A is the area, L is the length, W is the width, and * means multiply.
How do we calculate the area of a rectangle?
Method 2 Find the Area of a Rectangle
- Find the length of the rectangle. In most cases, you will be given the length, but if not, you can find it using a ruler.
- Find the width of the rectangle.
- Write the length and width next to each other.
- Multiply the length times the width.
- State your answer in square units.