- Open Windows Start menu.
- Select Run. Type: command and click OK.
- At the blinking cursor, type: ipconfig /all and press Enter.
- Look for these entries near the end of the list: - Dhcp Enabled.
- To exit, at the blinking cursor, type: exit and press Enter.
Likewise, what is the difference between DHCP and static IP address?
How do I set a static IP address on my router?
- Fire up your D-Link router's Web configuration screen and click on its Setup tab.
- From there, click on Network Settings on the sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Add DHCP Reservation section, check the Enable box and add your device's name.
- Add your device's IP Address and MAC Address.
How do I set my computer to a static IP?
- Click Start Menu > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on Local Area Connection and click on Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.