- Position the cell cursor based on what you want to freeze:
- In the Window group of the View tab, choose Freeze Panes→Freeze Panes.
- In the Window group of the View tab, choose Freeze Panes→Unfreeze Panes to unlock the fixed rows and columns.
Also, how do I freeze multiple columns and rows in Excel?
How do you freeze a row in Excel 2010?
- Select the row below the rows you want frozen. For example, if you want rows 1 and 2 to always appear at the top of the worksheet even as you scroll, then select row 3.
- Click the View tab.
- Click the Freeze Panes command.
- Select Freeze Panes.
- A black line appears below the rows that are frozen in place.
What do you do when Excel is not responding?