9 Ways to Help You Feel Better
- Get extra rest.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Breathe moist air to help clear a stuffy nose.
- Elevate your head at night with an extra pillow if coughing keeps you awake.
- Try an over-the-counter medicine to help relieve your cough.
- Try acetaminophen or ibuprofen to relieve body aches and headache or to lower fever.
In this way, how long does it take to get over the flu?
In general, healthy people usually get over a cold in 7 to 10 days. Flu symptoms, including fever, should go away after about 5 days, but you may still have a cough and feel weak a few days longer. All your symptoms should be gone within 1 to 2 weeks.
Likewise, what are the after effects of the flu?
If you experience serious side effects, you should seek medical care immediately, the CDC says. For children, side effects from the flu nasal spray can include runny nose, wheezing, headache, vomiting, muscle aches and fever. For adults, side effects include runny nose, headache, sore throat and cough.
How do I get rid of the flu ASAP?
Give these a try today.
- Stay home and get plenty of rest. Mind your flu manners.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Make sure you get more liquids.
- Treat aches and fever. Got fever?
- Take care of your cough. Over-the-counter treatments can calm your hack.
- Sit in a steamy bathroom.
- Run the humidifier.
- Try a lozenge.
- Get salty.
What flu is going around 2020?
Influenza B leading the charge in 2020 flu season. The flu season is officially underway and, while an unexpected virus is taking center stage, treatments have been a good match so far for this year's circulating viruses.