Open the Windows Notepad text editor. Press CTRL-O or select "Open" from the "File" menu to open the HTML page you wish to edit. Change the type of file from "text document" to "all files" to list all file types and not just text files.
In this manner, what program do you use to write HTML?
3. A word processor. If you have access to Windows "Notepad" or "WordPad" programs or the MAC "Simple Text" program, use that to get started. If you have those three things, you can write HTML with the best of them.
How do you get to TextEdit on a Mac?
How to Open and Edit a Text File on a Mac
- Navigate to your Applications folder and double-click TextEdit. Your TextEdit window opens.
- Press cmd+O. The Open dialog appears.
- Navigate to the desired text file and double-click the filename to load it.
- Click the insertion cursor anywhere in the file and begin typing.
- Press Command+S.