How do you cook frozen turkey burgers in the oven?
Oven: Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove burgers from packaging while still frozen and place on a lightly oiled, foil lined sheet pan. bake for 16-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Grill: Clean and preheat grill to medium (400°F). Remove burgers from packaging while still frozen.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Flip the burgers carefully and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165° and the meat is no longer pink.
- If you're grilling burgers this weekend, remember to use a meat thermometer—and that different temperature rules apply to ground beef and turkey. Cook ground turkey to at least 165° F, and ground beef to at least 160°F to kill potentially harmful bacteria.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, spinach, egg, onion powder, and garlic powder together in a bowl.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and outside is browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you don't have a thermometer, you can opt to look at the clarity of the juices. When the turkey is done, there will be no more pink in the juice. Make a cut between the thigh and the breast and look at the juice that's released — if it's at all pink or red, put the bird back in the oven.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake the turkey meatloaf for about 40 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the center of the meatloaf, making sure that the temperature is at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- How long does raw ground turkey last after being frozen and thawed? How to tell if raw ground turkey is bad? The best way is to smell and look at the ground turkey: signs of bad ground turkey are a sour smell, dull color and slimy texture; discard any ground turkey with an off smell or appearance.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove burgers from packaging while still frozen and place on a lightly oiled, foil lined sheet pan. bake for 16-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Grill: Clean and preheat grill to medium (400°F). Remove burgers from packaging while still frozen.
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey to hot skillet. Stir to crumble, approximately 14-16 minutes. Always cook to well-done, 165 degrees F. as measured by a meat thermometer.
Broiling: Preheat broiler. Broil burgers for 7 minutes on each side or until done and a meat thermometer inserted in center of burger registers 165°F. Skillet: Preheat non-stick skillet on medium heat. Lightly spray or brush both sides of FROZEN turkey burgers with oil Cook burgers for 9 minutes on one side.
- Cook the burgers for about 5 to 7 minutes, checking periodically for doneness. With a George Foreman grill, you can simply lift the lid and check the burgers without compromising the heat or cooking time of the patties. When cooking from frozen, cooking times can vary depending on the thickness of the burgers.
- The night before you plan on making your burgers, take them out of the freezer and place them in the refrigerator. If you were unable to plan ahead and need to thaw your burgers in a hurry, place frozen turkey patties in a sealable plastic bag and place under cold running water until the patties are thawed.
- There are 190 calories in a 1 burger serving of Bubba Burger Turkey Burger.
Updated: 2nd October 2019