How do you convert inches to cubic inches?
Method 1 Calculating the Volume of a Box in Cubic Inches
- Measure the length, width, and depth of an object in inches.
- Write the length of your object.
- Multiply the length by the width of your object.
- Multiply your answer by the depth of your object.
- Label your answer in cubic inches.
To understand the difference between linear measure and square measure, you must realize (for example) that one square inch is the area of a square that is 1 inch wide and 1 inch high. Cubic units (such as cubic meters or cubic yards) are used to describe the volume of a three-dimensional figure.
- Refrigerators with the freezer on the top or the bottom have similar dimensions, to within 1 inch, in that the freezer takes up about one third of the total fridge space. The average dimensions of top or bottom freezer fridges are a width of 29 inches, a depth of 31 inches and a height of 66 or 67 inches.
- At over 2.1m high, the Samsung G-Series RL60GZEIH is one of the tallest fridge freezers we've tested. That height, combined with a standard 60cm-wide chassis, means exceptional cooling capacity, which is split 70/30 in favour of the massive refrigerator compartment with its 288 litres of space.
- Mini refrigerators, also known as compact refrigerators, vary in size from 1.7 cubic feet up to 4.5 cubic feet. The smallest cube-shaped mini fridge measures 17 inches wide, 18 7/8 inches deep and 20 1/2 inches tall.
We start by multiplying your inches measurements together to get a cubic inches figure. So, 64 x 28 x 29 = 51968 cubic inches. To convert cubic inches to cubic feet we divide the figure by 1728 (there are 1728 cubic inches in a cubic foot).
- Measure the width and write this number down. Multiply the three measurements. The answer is given in cubic meters. For example, if the height of your object was 12 meters, the length was 6 meters and the width was 2 meters, you would multiply 12 times 6 times 2 to get 144 cubic meters.
- Multiply the area of the cylinder base (the circle) by the height of the cylinder. 7. You now have the volume of the cylinder in the same units you used to measure the parts. Volume is expressed as cubic units ; because we measured using inches the volume of our cylinder is cubic inches.
- Calculating cubic feet from inches. If you have measured the dimensions of your item in inches then do the following: Multiply your length, width and height figures together, giving you a total in cubic inches (in3) Divide the total by 1728 (as there are 1728 cubic inches in a cubic foot).
Updated: 2nd October 2019