How to use VLC as video converter to MP4
- Convert from the Media menu. Click on the Media menu in VLC, and then click on Convert / Save.
- Select video(s) to convert.
- Select the file name for the converted video.
- Select video format for the conversion.
- Select Advanced Settings if you want.
- Convert Videos saved to MP4.
What video formats does VLC media player support?
VLC can read several formats, depending on the operating system it is running on, including: Container formats: 3GP, ASF, AVI, DVR-MS, FLV, Matroska (MKV), MIDI, QuickTime File Format, MP4, Ogg, OGM, WAV, MPEG-2 (ES, PS, TS, PVA, MP3), AIFF, Raw audio, Raw DV, MXF, VOB, RM, DVD-Video, VCD, SVCD, CD Audio, DVB.
Can I play mp4 files on my Android phone?
Although MP4 is officially accepted as a supported format by Android phone and tablet, not all kinds of MP4 can be played on Android device. In fact, MP4 is a container with video and audio in different codec, while Android phones and tablets are only compatible with MP4 encoded with H.263 or H.264 AVC.