How can I reduce the file size of a PDF on Mac?
- Open the PDF file that you want to reduce the size for in Preview app (typically the default PDF viewer in OS X)
- Pull down the “File” menu and choose “Export”
- Select the submenu next to “Quartz Filter” and choose “Reduce File Size”
- Save the new reduced version of the PDF as usual by hitting “Save”
How do I reduce PDF file size in Acrobat?
- Open the PDF Optimizer dialog box (File > Save As Other > Optimized PDF).
- To use the default settings, choose Standard from the Settings menu, and then skip to step 6.
- From the Make Compatible With menu, choose Retain Existing to keep the current PDF version, or choose an Acrobat version.