How do you clean ink off the wall?
Be sure to test each one on an inconspicuous area of your wall before using them on a visible area.
- Spray the ink stains thoroughly with a hairspray that contains alcohol.
- Dampen a clean white cloth with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) and apply it to the ink stains on the wall.
How To Do It: Dip a damp white cloth into baking soda; then rub the pencil mark following the direction of the line. Brush the baking soda off the wall or wipe it with a fresh damp cloth, applying more baking-soda scrub as needed. Keep the cloth only slightly damp -- just wet enough so the baking soda clings to it.
- Method 4 Using Tape
- Erase the area with normal pencil eraser.
- Cut off a small strip of tape.
- Test the tape on a small area.
- Gently put the strip of tape on the paper, and rub it gently.
- Use a pen to write on the tape over the part you want to erase most thoroughly.
- Peel the tape off the paper.
- Mix 1 cup of rubbing alcohol with cup of vinegar. Place the garment on a clean dry towel, and apply the solution to the stained area with a rag or a spray bottle until the fabric is thoroughly saturated. Allow the solution to soak in for at least 5 minutes, then pour a small amount of table salt over the stained area.
- Steps to Remove the Ink Stain:
- Prepare the shirt by placing an old towel inside under the stained area.
- Start by spraying the area with a good amount of hairspray.
- Allow the hairspray to set for a minute and then blot (don't rub) the area with a clean cloth or cotton ball.
Spray the stained area with All Purpose cleaner and wipe with paper towels. If stain persists, dampen a sponge with warm water and liquid dish soap to work the area in a circular motion. Rinse with water. Dry the area with paper towels.
- Method 2:
- Spray the affected plastic with WD-40 or another oil-based car part lubricant. Vinylex Quick Wipes by Lexol also work wonders.
- Leave it on for 3 minutes.
- Wipe the plastic with a soft cloth.
- If any residue remains, wash it off in a circular motion with warm, soapy water and a sponge.
- To clean magic marker spots: Put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton puff, and wipe the marker spots. The marker should come off, and the paint or wallpaper should stay on. To remove ballpoint pen marks: Spritz any type of hairspray on the pen mark, then blot it with a clean, soft rag.
- How to remove Ultra Clean and Washable Markers from painted walls. Wipe all stains with a damp sponge. If any stain remains, apply Soft Scrub with a damp sponge, work in a circular motion and rinse. If stain remains, saturate a cotton ball with alcohol and blot the stain and rinse.
Updated: 4th September 2018