- In a chart, click the value axis that you want to change, or do the following to select the axis from a list of chart elements:
- On the Format tab, in the Current Selection group, click Format Selection.
- In the Format Axis dialog box, click Axis Options, and then do one or more of the following:
Herein, how do you change the horizontal axis labels in Excel?
- Click anywhere in the chart. This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format tabs.
- On the Format tab, in the Current Selection group, click the arrow in the Chart Elements box, and then click the axis that you want to select.
How do you change the Axis in Excel?
- Click somewhere on the chart to select it.
- You should now see 3 new tabs appear at the top of the screen called "Design", "Layout" and "Format".
- Click on the "Design" tab.
- There will be a button called "Switch Row/Column" within the "data" group, click it.
How do I change the labels on an Excel chart?
- Click each cell in the worksheet that contains the label text you want to change.
- Type the text you want in each cell, and press Enter. As you change the text in the cells, the labels in the chart are updated.