How do you change the format of a video?
How to use VLC as video converter to MP4
- Convert from the Media menu. Click on the Media menu in VLC, and then click on Convert / Save.
- Select video(s) to convert.
- Select the file name for the converted video.
- Select video format for the conversion.
- Select Advanced Settings if you want.
- Convert Videos saved to MP4.
Open the MP4 file you want to convert in Windows Media Player. Go to the “File” menu, click “Open” and browse for the MP4 in the “Open” window that comes up. Double-click the MP4 file and it automatically begins playing in Media Player.
- To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click a blank area of the toolbar or the menu bar.
- Click the Address Bar item.
- Click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button next to the Chrome address bar, which has three horizontal lines on it. Click "Settings" in the drop-down menu that appears. Click the "Show Advanced Settings" link, and scroll down to the "Privacy" section of the content that appears.
- The term address bar refers to the text field in a web browser that identifies the user's location on the web and allows the to access different websites. The address bar is known as a location bar, and in Google Chrome it's called the Omnibox.
To just keep the audio (music) of video files using VLC Media Player:
- Click on Media > Convert/Save [CTRL + R].
- Click on Add.
- Browse and open your video file.
- Click on Convert/Save.
- Under Settings, in Profile choose Audio – MP3.
- Hit Browse and give a destination file name.
- Click Start.
- Open the MP4 file you want to convert in Windows Media Player. Go to the “File” menu, click “Open” and browse for the MP4 in the “Open” window that comes up. Double-click the MP4 file and it automatically begins playing in Media Player.
- MPEG-4 Part 14 or MP4 is a digital multimedia container format most commonly used to store video and audio, but it can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images. Like most modern container formats, it allows streaming over the Internet.
- Need to convert video to MP3?
- Choose a File for Conversion. Launch the converter.
- Choose the MP3 Format and Settings. Click the Audio tab and open the MP3 group.
- Convert Your Video File to MP3 and Save It.
Updated: 2nd October 2019