- Create a calm environment. Remove stressors.
- Avoid environmental triggers. Noise, glare and background distraction (such as having the television on) can act as triggers.
- Monitor personal comfort.
- Simplify tasks and routines.
- Provide an opportunity for exercise.
Also question is, what drugs are given to dementia patients?
- Cholinesterase inhibitors. These medications — including donepezil (Aricept), rivastigmine (Exelon) and galantamine (Razadyne) — work by boosting levels of a chemical messenger involved in memory and judgment.
- Other medications.
What medications are used to slow down dementia?
- Donepezil (Aricept) is approved to treat all stages of Alzheimer's.
- Rivastigmine (Exelon) is approved to treat mild to moderate Alzheimer's.
- Galantamine (Razadyne) is approved to treat mild to moderate Alzheimer's.