- Step 1: Put the numbers in order.
- Step 2: Find the median.
- Step 3: Place parentheses around the numbers above and below the median. Not necessary statistically, but it makes Q1 and Q3 easier to spot.
- Step 4: Find Q1 and Q3.
- Step 5: Subtract Q1 from Q3 to find the interquartile range.
Correspondingly, how do you find the first and third quartile?
- Order the data from least to greatest.
- Find the median of the data set and divide the data set into two halves.
- Find the median of the two halves.
What does the third quartile tell you?
What is the definition of third quartile?