How do you add notes to homescreen?
Select the Widget tab at the top of the screen. Swipe the screen from left to right to see the list of widgets. Once you find the ColorNote widget, long-press and drag it to the home screen. Choose the note you want to make into a sticky note.
Microsoft is now extending the reach of OneNote with an app for Android smartphones and tablets. The Android app further extends the reach of OneNote. It is already part of the Windows version of the Microsoft Office suite, and it is available on Windows Phone, iPhone, and on iPad.
- The free version is ad-free and is not a trial version; it's the real thing. You can download OneNote 2013 for Windows from OneNote.com. OneNote for Mac. Mac users have apparently been asking for a native OneNote client, and now Microsoft is offering one: OneNote for Mac is available today, for free.
- Invite people in mail
- Choose File > Share.
- Under Share with People, type the names or email addresses of people you'd like to share your notebook with.
- In the drop-down box on the right, choose whether each person can edit or just view your notebook.
- Add a personal note, if you'd like, and choose Share.
- Select your version of Microsoft Office in the list of installed software, and then click "Change." Click "Add or Remove Features" on the wizard that opens, and then click "Continue." Click the drop-down menu beside "Microsoft OneNote" on the "Installation Options" screen, and then select "Not Available."
The Best Apps for Taking Notes
|Microsoft OneNote||organizing thoughts, to-do lists, and projects|
|Google Keep||collecting images, drafting documents, and creating checklists|
|Zoho Notebook||visually organizing multiple note formats|
|Simplenote||taking notes without distraction|
- According to Simplenote's security center, your notes are encrypted when data is sent over the Internet during a sync, but your notes on the Simplenote servers are not encrypted. You can't encrypted selected text within a note, either.
- Some premium (paid) users of Evernote mistakenly assume their Evernote data will somehow be safe from external attacks. However, the security in Evernote premium is simply SSL encryption, which merely encrypts the data while it is being transmitted. Whole notes, images, and notebooks cannot be encrypted.
- Yes. Just sync your notebook with OneDrive first and then, OneNote automatically syncs your changes as you work. If at any time you lose your Internet connection or turn it off, any pending changes will sync as soon as you're back online. To check the last time the notebook synced or to sync manually, tap File.
Compose a Memo
- From the Home screen, swipe left.
- Touch Apps > Memo.
- Touch Create memo and type a memo. To change the category, touch Category. To insert an image into the memo, touch Image. To use your voice to insert text into the memo, touch Voice.
- When you finish creating the memo, touch SAVE.
- The Best Apps for Taking Notes
App Best for: Microsoft OneNote organizing thoughts, to-do lists, and projects Google Keep collecting images, drafting documents, and creating checklists Zoho Notebook visually organizing multiple note formats Simplenote taking notes without distraction
- Select the Widget tab at the top of the screen. Swipe the screen from left to right to see the list of widgets. Once you find the ColorNote widget, long-press and drag it to the home screen. Choose the note you want to make into a sticky note.
- Windows stores your sticky notes in a special appdata folder, which is probably C:UserslogonAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes--with logon being the name with which you log onto your PC. You'll find only one file in that folder, StickyNotes.snt, which contains all your notes.
Updated: 2nd October 2019