Method 2 Find the Area of a Rectangle
- Find the length of the rectangle. In most cases, you will be given the length, but if not, you can find it using a ruler.
- Find the width of the rectangle.
- Write the length and width next to each other.
- Multiply the length times the width.
- State your answer in square units.
Moreover, what is the formula of finding the area of a rectangle?
Area is measured in square units such as square inches, square feet or square meters. To find the area of a rectangle, multiply the length by the width. The formula is: A = L * W where A is the area, L is the length, W is the width, and * means multiply.
How do you get area?
The simplest (and most commonly used) area calculations are for squares and rectangles. To find the area of a rectangle multiply its height by its width. For a square you only need to find the length of one of the sides (as each side is the same length) and then multiply this by itself to find the area.