How do I watch live TV on my computer with Xfinity?
- Step 1: Open the XFINITY TV app.
- Step 2: Select 'Recordings' from the menu.
- Step 3: Select the program you would like to stream.
- Step 4: Select 'Watch' to stream the recording to your device. (Note: Your device must be connected to the Internet to stream saved programming).
Comcast is launching a new app called Xfinity Stream which will be available to all Xfinity subscribers for free on February 28th. The app is an overhaul of the Xfinity TV app and will be replacing it as the tool for subscribers to access live channels, DVR content, and on-demand titles on the go.
- You can stream live programming with the Xfinity Stream app from a mobile device or desktop web browser, or watch on-demand shows with TV Everywhere apps like HBO Go, WatchABC, and others. For one, Xfinity Instant TV is only be available in markets that Comcast already serves; it's not launching nationwide.
- The ABC app puts access to the network right into your hands—anytime, anywhere for free.* And now you can personalize your ABC experience with new sharing and social features! Sign in with a participating TV provider account to start watching live and to see the most recently aired episode of your favorite ABC shows.
- Comcast said its customers can use their TV Everywhere credentials to access two TV Everywhere apps -- HBO Go and Showtime Anytime – on the Amazon Fire TV box and Fire TV Stick (pictured). Comcast has not announced plans to enable the Xfinity TV Go app on any TV-connected platforms.
Comcast's Xfinity TV Go app, which lets subscribers remotely watch up to 35 channels of live cable programming, is now available for iOS and Android. Xfinity TV Go is available now in the App Store and Google Play. And it should go without saying, but you'll need an active Comcast cable subscription to use it.
- Comcast never launched an Xfinity app for the Xbox One, but other cable TV providers do have apps for Microsoft's console, including Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS TV, and AT&T's U-Verse. In addition, several cable TV networks have their own Xbox One and Xbox 360 apps, including HBO, Showtime, Epix and many more.
- Comcast Xfinity vs. Verizon FiOS Review. As a residential customer, you used to be lucky just to have access to broadband Internet access from any one provider. Two of the largest providers are Comcast, which now brands its services as Xfinity, and Verizon, which uses a product called FiOS.
- Today the company announced that it will launch its own mobile phone and internet service called Xfinity Mobile. The service, expected to launch in mid-2017, will run atop Verizon's cellular network as well as on Comcast's 16 million Wi-Fi hotspots, and it will only be available to existing Comcast customers.
Comcast customers will be able to stream Xfinity TV programming to select Roku streaming devices, Roku TVs and 2016 Samsung smart TVs later this year, the company announced Wednesday. Instead, they can just opt to buy a Roku streamer or download the Xfinity TV app to their supported Samsung smart TV.
- XFINITY Stream. All your TV, all in one place with the XFINITY Stream App. Stream live TV and XFINITY On Demand on any device at home or on the go. If you're an X1 customer, you can also stream or download your cloud DVR shows to your device and watch anywhere.
- Set a Manual Recording
- Press the Guide button on the remote to access the guide grid.
- In the guide, navigate to the channel you wish to record.
- Press the Left arrow button on the remote to select the channel name and logo from the guide.
- Press the Rec (record) button on the remote (the button with the red dot).
- With DIRECTV GenieGO™, you can sync your DVR playlist to your computer, tablet, or phone, and take your recorded shows with you wherever you go and watch them anywhere. When you're within your home Wi-Fi network, GenieGO also lets you stream your recorded shows on your computer, tablet, or phone without syncing first.
Updated: 26th October 2019