How do I turn on sound on Facebook?
First, click the three-line icon in the bottom-right hand corner of the Facebook app. Then, tap “Settings.” Next, hit “Account Settings.” Then tap “Sounds.”
If you want to turn it off here's how to do it:
- Open your Facebook app, tap 'menu' and tap into the Facebook settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list, under 'Advanced Notification Settings' you should see an option to uncheck 'Ongoing notifications'
- Uncheck and that should stop the ongoing notifications.
- To turn off notification sounds:
- Click in the upper-right corner of any page on Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Notifications on the left.
- Click On Facebook.
- Click On next to Play a sound when each new notification is received and select Off.
- If you have notifications turned on, you can also choose accounts that you want to receive notifications about. To turn push notifications on or off: Go to your profile. Tap (iPhone) or (Android) > Push Notification Settings.
- To delete notifications sent to your mobile or email, delete them as you normally would a text message or email message. To remove red alert notifications that appear in the top left corner of the screen, click the globe icon and click "See All Notifications." Click the "x" next to the notification you wish to remove.
is there a way to change the sound of my notifications. If you're using an android device, then while you've got FB open, tap your menu button, select settings, tap on Notification ringtone and select it from there.
- is there a way to change the sound of my notifications. If you're using an android device, then while you've got FB open, tap your menu button, select settings, tap on Notification ringtone and select it from there.
- If you use the default Messaging app, tap its icon to open it, tap the Menu button in the lower right corner (denoted by three dots), then tap Settings. Scroll down to the Notifications section and tap Sound. Select a new notification sound from the list, then tap OK.
- How to disable Facebook's in-app sound effects for iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on More in the bottom navigation.
- Tap on Settings (it's all the way at the bottom).
- Tap on Sounds.
- Turn Off the option for In-App Sound.
- Open Messenger. It's the blue chat bubble icon with a white lightning bolt in the app drawer.
- Tap the Profile Settings icon.
- Tap Notifications and Sounds.
- Slide the “Notifications and Sounds” switch to the On position.
- Slide the “Sound” switch to the On position.
- Tap Notification Sound.
- Select a sound.
- Tap OK.
- WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform instant messaging application that allows iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia smartphone users to exchange text, image, video and audio messages for free.
- WeChat is a mobile text and voice messaging communication service developed by Tencent in China, first released in January 2011. The app is available on Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone platforms.
- Chances are that you either have Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp on your phone. WhatsApp hit the 1 billion user mark earlier this year, and Facebook's standalone messaging app is close behind with 900 million active monthly users. You might even rely on Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp for different reasons.
Updated: 6th October 2018