How do I turn on AirDrop on my computer?
On Mac computers: Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar in the Finder. An AirDrop window opens. If Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is turned off, you'll see a button to turn it on.
“AirDrop” between iPhone & Windows PC: 2 Best Alternatives! Apple's AirDrop, the excellent file-transfer feature, unfortunately only works between Apple devices. There is no “AirDrop software” for other platforms to install, which means you won't be able to use it if you're a Window or Linux user.
- A. The newest version of Apple's built-in AirDrop technology requires late-model Macs running OS X Yosemite and devices running at least iOS 7 to directly share files between computer and gadget. But if you use a Windows PC with an Android or iOS phone, you have other ways to move files between machines.
- Open the Settings application in iOS and go to “General” Now go to “Restrictions” and enter the devices passcode if requested. Look under the Restrictions list for “AirDrop” and be sure the switch is toggled in the ON position. Exit out of Settings and open Control Center again, AirDrop will be visible.
- How to turn on AirDrop for iPhone or iPad
- Launch Control Center by swiping up from the bottom bezel of your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are active. If they're not, just tap on them.
- Tap AirDrop.
- Tap Contacts Only or Everyone to turn AirDrop on.
4. You may now begin using AirDrop to transfer files between a Mac and an iOS device. To test it out, go to the AirDrop menu in Finder and notice that your iOS device is represented by circle. Drag and drop a file onto the circle, and your iOS device will prompt you to accept the file.
- To AirDrop pictures and videos between iOS devices, fire up Photos for iOS. Find the images in your Camera Roll or in an album, and then tap the Select button at the upper-right. Tap the thumbnails you want to send, and Photos marks them with a checkmark. To deselect an item, tap the thumbnail again.
- With airdrop it is always a direct connection (usually wifi or a mix of wifi + bluetooth) between the 2 devices. No internet connection is required at all. So you can transfer as much as you like and it will all be local between the devices; "peer to peer" like you say. Your internet quota won't be used at all.
- Set up CarPlay
- Make sure that your car or stereo supports Carplay.
- Plug your iPhone into the CarPlay USB port. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon.
- Make sure that your car is running.
- Ask Siri for what you need. You can do this in a few ways:
Step 1: Plug your iPhone into your PC over the USB cable. Step 2: Open Photos app. This can be found by typing “Photos” into the search bar at the lower left corner of the screen in Windows 10. Step 3: Click the button at the top-right of the Photos app to import.
- Transfer files between your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad and your computer
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Click the Device button, then click File Sharing.
- In the list on the left, select the app on your device that you want to transfer a file to or from.
- Do one of the following:
- Connect your iPad to your PC. Plug the charging end of the iPad's charger cable into the bottom of the iPad, then plug the USB end of the cable into one of your computer's USB ports.
- Open iTunes.
- Wait for the iPad's icon to appear.
- Open Start.
- Click Photos.
- Click Import.
- Click From a USB device.
- Select photos.
- Transfer Pictures to iPad the Easy Way with iTunes
- Create a folder containing images you want to transfer to the iPad.
- Connect the iPad to the computer, launch iTunes, and select the iPad from the devices list.
- Click on the “Photos” tab.
- Check the box next to “Sync Photos from” and select “Choose folder…”
Updated: 12th November 2019