How do I turn off notification sounds in Windows 10?
Go to the Control Panel and open Sound. Select the Sounds tab and click on the desired event (e.g. Notifications) in Programs events. Next, click on the Sounds dropdown menu and select None: Click on Apply > OK to disable the sounds for the selected event.
To turn off notification sounds:
- Click in the upper-right corner of any page on Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Notifications on the left.
- Click On Facebook.
- Click On next to Play a sound when each new notification is received and select Off.
- To turn off Messenger notifications for all conversations: Open the Messenger app. Tap the menu button (three dots) and select settings. Tap notifications and select whether you'd like to turn off for 1h or turn off until 8am.
- On an Android device, tap on the three-lined icon along the top of the screen. Scroll down until you find App Settings and select it. Tap on the Sounds line to turn them off.
- Open Facebook for Android on your device, open the in-app menu and select Settings. Scroll down to find the Notification option in there. If you would like to disable all the notifications from the app (comments, wall posts, messages, etc.) simply uncheck that option.
In the Startup section, click and then scroll down the Type list. Select Disabled and click OK. Restart Windows 7 and the system beep is now disabled. If you want to stop it right away, click the Stop button in the Current status section, before closing the Beep Properties window.
- Definition of: beep codes. beep codes. Some number of short beeps that are sounded by the BIOS upon startup when a memory, cache or processor error is encountered. There are numerous beep code patterns, and Phoenix BIOS codes are long and short beeps delivered in groups. The following beep codes are for AMI BIOSs.
- " Beep: DRAM refresh failure. Explanation: The system is having a problem accessing the system memory to refresh it. Refreshing is done on all system memory to keep its contents active. Diagnosis: This code usually means a problem either with the system memory or with the motherboard itself. "
- When power is turned on, POST (Power-On Self-Test) is the diagnostic testing sequence that a computer's basic input/output system (or "starting program") runs to determine if the computer keyboard, random access memory, disk drives, and other hardware are working correctly.
Here's how to disable the sound in Windows XP:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices.
- Click the Sounds tab.
- Scroll down the list under Program Events. Under the Windows Explorer section, highlight Start Navigation.
- Under the Sounds box, select (None) > OK, close Control Panel.
- SILENT MICE. Enjoy the sound of silence. Click, without the annoying click. Silent Mice are ideal for public spaces, late night projects at home, and are the first mice awarded the Quiet Mark by the Noise Abatement Society.
- Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles: Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10.
- If you'd like to disable it, here's how.
- Right click the Start icon and select Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Choose Programs & Features.
- In the left sidebar, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Uncheck the box next to Internet Explorer 11.
- Select Yes from the pop-up dialogue.
- Press OK.
Updated: 2nd October 2019