How do I transfer my apps from my old phone to my new phone?
Make sure "Backup my data" is enabled. As for app syncing, go to Settings > Data usage, tap on the three-dot menu symbol at the top right of the screen, and make sure "Auto-sync data" is turned on. Once you have a backup, select it on your new phone and you'll be offered a list of all the apps on your old phone.
To find it, head to the Google Play website, click the section for "Apps" in the left-side menu, then choose "My apps." You will see a grid of app page links, and it shows every app you have ever installed on any Android device you have logged into with your Google account.
- Here's how you can find out:
- Open Google Drive from the home screen or app drawer.
- In My Drive, select the hamburger menu from the top left corner.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Manage backup.
- You'll see a list of all the apps that are using the backup service.
- iOS. You can see your iOS app history on your phone or on iTunes. On your iPhone, open the App Store app and tap Updates in the lower right corner. Tap Purchased (if you have a family account, you may need to tap My Purchases) to see a list of all the apps you've downloaded, both on and off of your current device.
- Step 4: Use a file manager and install the Google Play Store
- Open your file browser and navigate to wherever you downloaded the Google Play Store APK.
- Once you find the APK, click on it.
- On the next screen, read over any permission changes (there usually aren't any) and then click install.
Updated: 16th October 2019